Kristin and her family have lived in Larimer County for 30 years. Kristin is a graduate of CSU, a mother of three and a long time leader in the Fort Collins volunteer community. Kristin has worked with our schools, city, and non-profits to improve the lives of families in Fort Collins. She has served on the Fort Collins City Council for 5 1/2 years and currently serves as Mayor Pro Tem for the city.
Kristin and her family enjoy the Fort Collins Natural Areas near their southwest Fort Collins home, using the nearby trails for hiking and biking. They also do volunteer work as a family and have worked with many local non-profits including Think Humanity, Faith Family Hospitality, and Larimer County 4-H program.
While on Fort Collins City Council, Kristin has served as both chair and vice-chair of the Poudre Fire Authority and chair of the Election Code Committee. She is a liaison to several city boards and commissions including the Youth Board, the Transportation Board, and the Community Development Block Grant Commission. At the national level, Kristin serves as Vice Chair of the National League of Cities’ Human Development Committee where she helps craft their policy positions on poverty, workforce development, and mental health parity. Last year she was appointed to the National League of Cities' Joint Committee on Homelessness. She was also appointed to the North Front Range Metropolitan Planning Organization where she works on regional transit, transportation planning, and the finance committee.
Professional & Business Experience
- CSU, Department of Statistics, Graduate Coordinator
- Executive Director, Youth Orchestra of the Rockies
- Management experience at the Stone Lion, Barnes and Noble and CSU Bookstores.
Over 20 years volunteering in the Community
- Mother Center of Fort Collins – member of steering committee, fundraising coordinator, budget, grant writing
- City of Fort Collins Women’s commission – co-chair responsible for planning and accountability
- Religious Education teacher at St. Joseph Catholic Church
- Meals on Wheels Driver
- Friendship Family – Office of International Students CSU
- Larimer County Intergrated Family Enhancement Board
- City of Fort Collins Community Development Block Grant Commission-worked on the city’s Affordable Housing Strategic Plan
- 4-H organizational club leader
Awards and Achievements
- Colorado State University Outstanding Achievement Award
- 4-H Gold Clover and Pearl Clover Award
- 2017 Woman of Vision Award