Kristin and her family have lived in Larimer County for 30 years. Kristin is a graduate of CSU, a mother of three and a long time leader in the Fort Collins volunteer community. Kristin has worked with our schools, city, and non-profits to improve the lives of families in Fort Collins. She served on the Fort Collins City Council for 6 years and currently serves as a Larimer County Commissioner.
Kristin and her family enjoy the Fort Collins Natural Areas near their southwest Fort Collins home, using the nearby trails for hiking and biking. They also do volunteer work as a family and have worked with many local non-profits including Think Humanity, and the Larimer County 4-H program.
While on Fort Collins City Council, Kristin served as the chair of the Poudre Fire Authority and the Election Code Committee. At the national level, Kristin served as Vice Chair of the National League of Cities’ Human Development Committee where she helped craft their policy positions on poverty, workforce development, and mental health parity. In 2020 she was appointed to the National League of Cities' Joint Committee on Homelessness.
As a County Commissioner Kristin chairs the Nonattainment Area Air Pollution Mitigation Enterprise and the National Association of Counties' Highways subcommittee. She also serves on the state's Regional Air Quality Commission, and Middle Income Housing Authority. She has worked on transportation, solid waste and recycling, GHG reduction, and air quality among other issues.
Professional & Business Experience
- CSU, Department of Statistics, Graduate Coordinator
- Executive Director, Youth Orchestra of the Rockies
- Management experience at the Stone Lion, Barnes and Noble and CSU Bookstores.
Over 20 years volunteering in the Community
- Mothers Center of Fort Collins
- City of Fort Collins Women’s Commission – co-chair
- Religious Education teacher at St. Joseph Catholic Church
- Meals on Wheels Driver
- City of Fort Collins Community Development Block Grant Commission
- 4-H organizational club leader
Awards and Achievements
- Colorado State University Outstanding Achievement Award-2014
- 4-H Gold Clover and Pearl Clover Award -2014 and 2019
- Woman of Vision Award -2017
- Gates Family Public Leader Fellowship to Harvard Kennedy School-2022